Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The 15 Best David Bowie Songs

After listening to a lot of Bowie over the past few days, these are currently my 15 favourites:

1. "Heroes"
2. Panic In Detroit
3. Ziggy Stardust
4. Moonage Daydream
5. What In The World
6. Be My Wife
7. Quicksand
8. Starman
9. Aladdin Sane
10. Sorrow
11. Sound And Vision
12. Always Crashing In The Same Car
13. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
14. Changes
15. Up The Hill Backwards

I consider Side One of 'Low' to be his best stuff, with Tracks 3 to 6 ('What In The World', 'Sound and Vision', 'Always Crashing In The Same Car' and 'Be My Wife') all making the list, and Track 2 ('Breaking Glass') not being far off. So many great songs missing though - 'Life On Mars', 'Ashes to Ashes', 'Look Back In Anger', 'Modern Love', 'Cat People', 'Beauty And The Beast', 'The Man Who Sold The World', 'Drive-In Saturday', 'Golden Years', 'Station To Station', 'Young Americans' ... but this would be my 1-CD ultimate Bowie mix.

No comments: