Saturday, January 25, 2014

BEER!![12] – Carlton Dry



Name:  Carlton Dry.

Brewery: Carlton & United Breweries.

Place Of Origin: Southbank, Vic.

Type: It’s a Carlton beer.

Alcohol Content: 4.5%

Why I Bought It: It was the only beer available at the Big Day Out this year. However, it was very available, with drink queues at the BDO moving faster than I can ever remember. You could slip in and out of the drink queue in the time that it took to change sets on the main stages.

Taste: Not that great really. After drinking one of them, I switched to pear cider for the rest of the day. I’m comfortable with my choice.

What I did while drinking it: It was early in the afternoon so I was waiting for Tame Impala to come on stage. The Naked and Famous were on stage, singing that song from the Strongbow drink ad.

What I did after drinking it: Stood and sat around the main stages and saw Tame Impala, Primus, the Hives, Beady Eye, the Arcade Fire, and Pearl Jam. The Hives were excellent as always, the Arcade Fire were superb, and Pearl Jam played a solid two hour set. For Primus and Beady Eye I sat in the drinking area with my pear cider (but they were both OK).

P.S. I forgot to take a picture of a crushed Carlton Dry can at the Big Day Out, so this is actually a reproduction of a crushed can in a field. And the local liquor store didn’t have a Carlton Dry can, so I had to instead use a Carlton Draught. The things I do for this blog…

No comments: