Friday, January 28, 2011

The Finger Points Outwards - No. 29: Why Derrick Rose is NOT the NBA's Most Valuable Player

The buzz around NBA circles is that Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose is the frontrunner for the Most Valuable Player Award. Derrick Rose? Really? As far as I can tell the case for this seems to be that the Bulls are playing well even though Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer have been injured for semi-lengthy periods this season. Wait, did I say Joakim Noah... I think that means I can use this photo ...



(What did the NBA blogosphere do before Joakim Noah showed up?)

Anyway, this post puts the case for why Derrick Rose isn't even the best player at his position in his conference.

But for those who don't have the foggiest what 'Wins Produced' means, this put the case against Rose's MVP candidacy in layman's terms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommend by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.

Mark said...

I think the look on his face says it all...