Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Finger Points Outwards - No. 52

 
Image: Wikipedia
 
CULTURE: How to tell a geek from a nerd. (I think I have traits of both, but probably fit more on the geek side.)
 
ECONOMICS: A conversation on how much a good boss really matters to productivity. I wonder if a ‘good boss’ just means ‘not a raving lunatic’.

FILM: The lowest grossing movie of 2012 is revealed. However, it still made more than this one.

POLITICS: Bloomberg on the new noble families in China.

ECONOMICS (again): The income premium for being beautiful.

 
 

VIDEO GAMES: The 10 hardest NES games. Apparently there’s a phrase that’s been coined to capture the difficulty of NES games: Nintendo Hard. And here I thought it was just because I was eight years old and bad at video games – I feel like I have to re-evaluate my life now. Best of all, I’m glad I’m not the only one who never passed the third level of ‘Battletoads’.    

No comments: